cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch recordings with new Telus TV+ on computer with browser

rt1
Friendly Neighbour

The Telus website for the new Telus TV+ service shows that recordings can be viewed on a browser on a computer:

"If you have the Recordings bundle included as part of your Optik TV combo, you can also initiate playback of your recorded programs from the Recorded tab."

However, this is not the case.

Is the website in error or is this functionality coming soon?  Telus customer service and techs talked to today don't know.

Want to know before cancelling internet, tv and cell service and going to any of the other providers - who have all had this capability for years.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Currently not available when I attempt to access my recordings. There is a message at the bottom when I look at a recording that states "Recordings can only be played on your Optik TV digital box".

Telus is rebranding their IPTV product from Optik TV to TELUS TV+ and has launched a new website and apps. I suspect this will be a forthcoming feature given the information you are seeing from their web site.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Currently not available when I attempt to access my recordings. There is a message at the bottom when I look at a recording that states "Recordings can only be played on your Optik TV digital box".

Telus is rebranding their IPTV product from Optik TV to TELUS TV+ and has launched a new website and apps. I suspect this will be a forthcoming feature given the information you are seeing from their web site.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Hi @rt1 @FuzzyLogic 

The Recordings bundle is a feature that is not yet available, but is coming soon. You will be able to identify it as it will appear on the bill as 'Recordings bundle'.

I’m guessing the next step will be a cloud pvr like Bell uses.

Robert9
Organizer

That is yet to be launched, it's a cloud recording feature. TELUS will make announcement soon and will begin sending communications to customers once that service becomes available. 

GirlFriday
Just Moved In

vv

GirlFriday
Just Moved In

I JUST switched to Telus Optik : I was told that I could watch my recordings anywhere I am (like at work)  I recorded a couple shows last night, went to work today and got the message I can only replay recordings on my Optik TV digital box.  Huge problem for me!  The unlit remote and no voice control is like going back in time! What's up with this?? Any timeline on a cloud based "PVR"