cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv+ profiles

Wratchford
Friendly Neighbour
Turned on the TV and the profile option was gone lost recordings. How do I get it back?
15 REPLIES 15

Wratchford
Friendly Neighbour
Anyone with Telus tv+ know how to get the profile selection option back last night we had the option and now we turned on the TV and it went straight to the administrator account and we lost the option and all recordings that were on any other profile

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Are your profiles and recordings available at telustvplus.com or on TELUS TV+ apps?

If yes, then I'd try restarting (Settings > Device settings > Device preferences > Restart) and if that doesn't do it, then try logging out and logging back in (Settings > Account information > Switch account).

If no, then you will need to contact tech support to see what's going on. Do NOT let them remove and readd 'recordings' to your account - this has the potential to wipe your recordings. Be explicit with them.

Wratchford
Friendly Neighbour
No they are not on the Telus tv+ app

Wratchford
Friendly Neighbour
After following all those steps did not work I guess we will contact technical support

I was on the phone with Support for over an hour and it turned out. We went through all the steps of Reese to setting the box and signing in signing out and then she told me her supervisor says profiles never existed on Telus boxes.

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Wratchford I'll be sending a private message your way to collect some info. Please keep an eye out for it 🙂

Orion1488
Neighbour

Having the same problem and can't get any explanation or help for it.  Can't wait for my contract to be up so I can get rid of Telus TV.  

SRP
Organizer

This happened to me as well a few days ago.  I've been watching this post and see no updates on a resolution.  I've tried a soft reboot, a hard reboot, and no change.  I still have no option to switch profiles.  It looks as though the Administrator account is the only profile active.  I have logged out of the administrator account and signed back in but that has not helped.  I do though, see all my profiles on my browser web app, which is different from this posted user.

@Wratchford wrote:
Turned on the TV and the profile option was gone lost recordings. How do I get it back?

SRP
Organizer

We turned the TV on this morning and our Profile option was back.  We didn't do anything different from our end so I'm assuming it was from the Telus end.  Maybe an update?

D239
Just Moved In
Well it didn't help me, because my profiles disappeared yesterday. 😟

VP84
Friendly Neighbour

Any update same problem for over a month and calling in does nothing

ichi730
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

I'd suggest to call TELUS Technical Support and ask to check your account if there is a mixed equipment (Legacy Boxes along with your new digital box)

Edit:

Having entries of old legacy box would have an impact to your new digital box so make sure that the entries for the old legacy boxes are removed from your account. This would (most of the time) fixes profile issues with TELUS digital boxes

Cheers!

VP84
Friendly Neighbour
Just got setup back in November.......2 Telus android tv boxes and a Google tv Chromecast........ definitely a Telus settings issue....

I have only one OPTIk box (new as of early 2024); just happened to me and warm and cold reboot doesn't bring it back.

VERY frustrating. I see the Profiles I set up on my Phone Telus TV app.  Very wierd that there is no easy fix.  I have no Legacy Optik (older) boxes.  

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your best bet then would most likely be to reach out to our Tech Support team. Let me know if you'd like to get in touch and I'll send a private message.