cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Optik TV Box to Receiver

1981Camaro
Neighbour
Hello.

Not sure if this questions has been asked before but I have a Telus Optik TV Box which I want to hook up in my media room through a receiver. The receiver I have is a Yamaha RX-V1085 which was out in 2018-19 and is 4K Capable. When I hook up the Telus Box to my Espon Home Cinema 3800, everything works fine. Though when I hook the TV Box to the receiver, it does not work. It actually powers on and off and only audio but no video. Any thoughts?
3 REPLIES 3

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I seem to recall I had to change the HDCP Version setting on my Yamaha receiver to rectify this. I changed it on my RX-V485 from Auto to 1.4. Give that a try and hopefully you'll be good to go.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Thanks for this. I tried this yesterday with no success. Though I’ll double check. I just find it odd that the TV Box keeps powering on and off when hooked up to the receiver. If I go directly to the projector, it works perfectly fine

I think I finally got it. I hook the TV Box directly to the projector so I could see what I’m doing on screen. Then I went into settings and change the display to 1080i and it works now. Thanks everyone for your help