cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration for Optik TV App Through Box

nieder
Friendly Neighbour

Hi everyone,

I am not able to confirm my Optik TV account.

To make a long story short, my landlord pays the bill for the Optik box. However, the box has an option where you can enter an email address and have access to that box to use the Optik app. So I have been using this with no issues for the last 4 years. However I tried to login last week and it came up with a login error and I could not recall the password. So I reset the account through the box. I got an email confirming that my account had been reset, and to go to the app and use my email address and the code provided in the email to login.

In the app there is only an option to enter email address and password, so I assume the code is supposed to go in the password box. However, it simply does not work. My email address is correct. I am using the correct code. I waited 24 hours for it to work, like they said. But it fails each time, with this error:

"The email address or password entered is not valid, please try again. Warning: After 5 attempts your account will be locked for 1 hour."

Does anyone know - is it still possible to access your box by entering the email address into the box? Or is this no longer an option?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus recently changed the way it authenticates Optik TV. You now MUST login using the account owner credentials. More information here:

My TELUS replacing Optik accounts | TELUS Support

There is information on how to set up additional credentials at the end of the article. The account owner will need to do this.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus recently changed the way it authenticates Optik TV. You now MUST login using the account owner credentials. More information here:

My TELUS replacing Optik accounts | TELUS Support

There is information on how to set up additional credentials at the end of the article. The account owner will need to do this.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

nieder
Friendly Neighbour

Ah I see, thank you for the answer. Telus have made it more difficult to watch content legally.

I am not going to bother my landlord with this so I guess I will just go back to watching illegal streams. Thanks Telus!

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telecommunications services are sold on a ‘per household’ basis. Although many landlords with an apartment suite may share their telecommunications services with the tenant, doing so is outside the Terms and Conditions, and therefore illegal. Telus’ change ensures the account holder is the only person accessing the account.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

nieder
Friendly Neighbour

LOL! My landlord has a separate account for this apartment. I don't see how that is illegal.

**bleep** Telus. Telecommunications companies make it harder to access content and then wonder why people go back to pirating.