cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings Show Asset Expired

grimmt1
Organizer

Something new over the last week:  We've been receiving the following on some recordings:
Asset Expired
Your rental has expired or this program is not included in your subscription. Please repurchase the rental or subscribe to
the content by visiting  telus.com/mytelus (AB & B) or telus.com/montelus (QC). 
ERR_PLAYER_403-10146

This has happened on a few shows lately, here are some details on the last occurrence today:

1)  Recorded "Spooked Scotland" - as far as I can see, this is only provided by History channel, which I have in my Theme pack selections.  i.e. I can go any of the History channels and view current programming.

2) Recording is not past 45 days as it was recorded only 2 weeks ago.

Side observation for the BA:
The recording detail screen, accessed from the recordings list, needs to show details about the recording like:

o Channel recorded

o Time and duration recorded 

o Quality of recording (i.e. STD,HD, 4K)

o New vs Repeat

The above information would be immensely helpful for troubleshooting recording issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @grimmt1 

"Spooked Scotland" currently airs on DTOUR (channel 504) and NOT on the History channel. I'm not familiar with this show or its history, but there's a chance that the owner of the content rights (Corus Entertainment) changed it from the History channel to the DTOUR channel recently (Corus also owns both of these channels). If that's the case and you had recordings associated with the airings on History and do not subscribe to DTOUR channel, then the error message of 'this program is not included in your subscription' applies to you.

As for your side observation, when you access your Recordings manager, you should see:

1. the Showcard with episode name

2. The season and episode details

3. The airing (and thus the recording) date

4. The recording runtime. It's worth noting that the system adds 2 mins before and after the program, so an hour would show up as 1h 4m.

If you click on an individual show, you should see:

1. The show

3. The airing (and thus the recording) date

4. The show's description

5. When the recording expires

6. Options to Resume (if you've started watching), Play from beginning or Delete

Thanks for the feedback on being able to see more details such as channel recorded, resolution and new vs. repeat. I've passed this to the development team. Generally, the resolution of the recording matches that of the show - so HD on all channels other than 4K channels (of which there are only a handful right now).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @grimmt1 

"Spooked Scotland" currently airs on DTOUR (channel 504) and NOT on the History channel. I'm not familiar with this show or its history, but there's a chance that the owner of the content rights (Corus Entertainment) changed it from the History channel to the DTOUR channel recently (Corus also owns both of these channels). If that's the case and you had recordings associated with the airings on History and do not subscribe to DTOUR channel, then the error message of 'this program is not included in your subscription' applies to you.

As for your side observation, when you access your Recordings manager, you should see:

1. the Showcard with episode name

3. The airing (and thus the recording) date

4. The recording runtime. It's worth noting that the system adds 2 mins before and after the program, so an hour would show up as 1h 4m.

If you click on an individual show, you should see:

1. The show

3. The airing (and thus the recording) date

4. The show's description

5. When the recording expires

6. Options to Resume (if you've started watching), Play from beginning or Delete

Thanks for the feedback on being able to see more details such as channel recorded, resolution and new vs. repeat. I've passed this to the development team. Generally, the resolution of the recording matches that of the show - so HD on all channels other than 4K channels (of which there are only a handful right now).

Thanks that make some sense.

If I search for the program it reports details as follows:

=====

Spooked Scotland
1 Season | 8 Episodes

14+ | 2022 | History

The team attempts to contact the victims of an unspeakable witch-hunt.
History, Paranormal

=======

When I look at the individual episodes available, all of them have a "Subscribe (key)" token and detail displays showtimes that are now only on DTOUR.

I'm also guessing that because the recording was not valid anymore, the recorded date was removed.