cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans to improve optik on the go app?

mopudding
Organizer

I've used the Shaw to go app and it's so much smoother and stable than optik on the go.

are there plans to improve your app's reliability and usability? I regularly have trouble loading the app or specific channels on my PC and iPad. It's frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Delete the app, reboot the iPad (power cycle) and reinstall the app. I also just tested on my wife’s mini 2 and loaded no problem.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Probably upcoming to deal with the demise of Flash next year. Currently a date has not been announced.

Can you provide more details on the issues you see? Possibly someone here can offer advice.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

My "latest and greatest" issue is the loading screen (black screen, 3 dots blink and eventually freeze, says Optik TV) just hangs on my iPad, despite restarting the app many times, hard rebooting the iPad many times. Nothing works.

What iPad do you have and what iOS version is it running.? I don’t have any issues on my iPad mini 3.

I have an iPad Mini 2 with current updates

Delete the app, reboot the iPad (power cycle) and reinstall the app. I also just tested on my wife’s mini 2 and loaded no problem.

Thank you - your recommendation worked.

Looking forward to a new and improved version of this app soon. It's overdue and Telus is lagging behind Shaw's offering.

@mopudding wrote:

Thank you - your recommendation worked.

Looking forward to a new and improved version of this app soon. It's overdue and Telus is lagging behind Shaw's offering.

So now that you've tracked the problem to your iPad and fixed it are there still issues?

Can you be more specific when you say the Optik app needs improving?

Can you be more specific when you say the Shaw app is better?

Consider submitting your suggestions for improvement in the Idea section of the forum:

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/Ideas_TEST

Shaw's Free Range iOS app advantages over Optik's app:

• Image quality is far superior
  • Stability is excellent - never crashed once
  • Guide is cleaner; scrolls on iPad without lag; is responsive. Optik guide on iPad doesn't stop scrolling and jumps several screens before stopping
  • Guide offers filter and search functions
  • Mini player option for small window anchored to corner of screen
  • Offers volume slider - Optk relies on the device's volume buttons
  • iPad app is extremely responsive - Optik on iPad often takes several presses/touches before invoking action - frustrating user experience

PC advantages

• Image window can scale infinitely - offers much smaller size that Optik on PC
  • audio and video always in sync; Optik video lags audio consistently

That's great info. I've experienced some of those issues as well. I don't use the app much other than to set a recording while I'm not at home.

If you copy/paste your info to the idea section it will increase the chance it will make it's way to the team that can actually do something about it.

falacan
Friendly Neighbour

Are you experiencing the endless loading/spinning icon when you try to watch Optik TV on your PC?

falacan
Friendly Neighbour

Or were you?