cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PVR wont record.

Kimmik
Organizer

PVR wont record. Just a short bit of completely black. Happens on different channels from time to time not all the time.

10 REPLIES 10

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kimmik Can you try unplugging power to your router, PVR, and any other set top boxes then plug them back in that same order and try again?

I've done it. Now to wait and see what happens. The TV channels have been super glitchy the last couple of days. Even just playing a channel it glitches. Maybe things will change with this re-boot.

Kimmik
Organizer

I have done that so many times. It doesn't matter. Unplugging etc is a bi-weekly exercise that has always been necessary with the Telus system. It's annoying that it happens but it is simply something that I must accept. It has been going on for years and have had more techs out here than I can count. Haven't bothered calling any out now for the past couple of years because I gave up.

Kimmik
Organizer

So this happened again today / last night (Sept 30) when recording the 11 o'clock CHBC news on channel 116. It is kind of curious why it doesn't work. Is it just me?

xray
Hero

Do you just have the PVR or do have multiple Optik boxes? Is watching live programming glitchy on all of them?

Kimmik
Organizer

I have two boxes. I don't know if they are glitchy on both. They are short but frequent glitches but I can't run up and down the stairs all the time.

Kimmik
Organizer

Are you suggesting the fault is with the remote box downstairs? We have extenders as well.

xray
Hero

I'm thinking you may be having WiFi issues. I'm assuming both Optik boxes are connected via WiFi?

Kimmik
Organizer

Nope. The upstairs one is connected via cat cable.

Kimmik
Organizer

The downstairs one has been unplugged since yesterday. At least the 11 o'clock news recorded last night (Global ch 116). However, two channels in particular, Discovery and SCI on channels 701 and 702 glitches and blacks out every few minutes (I haven't timed it). I get a feeling that it is a delivery problem from these two channels to Telus or from Telus on these two channels to me.