cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PVR not recording series

Phoar
Friendly Neighbour
For months we have series recordings that just stop recording. It could be after 6 episodes or 3. They just stop. I have changed settings to repeats, reset everything and asked Telus Support. Try to restart the series recordings and it errors out. Absolutely nothing helps. Does anyone have a solution as it is extremely frustrating.
10 REPLIES 10

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. That's definitely not the experience we want our Optik customers to have. Judging from your previous posts, it would appear that you're on our latest Optik platform so we'll flag this to our development team to see if they can provide some answers for us.

MrSL
Leader

I feel your pain @Phoar . I have had the same issues for months. Series scheduled to record 'just disappear' mid series. Not 100% but I have been unable to add the program back (i.e. create a New series schedule) but can set it as an individual recording. I posted way back in June: "Disappearing recording Schedules" which is still active, if you can find it... I had another mysteriously vanish yesterday mid series. Extremely annoying! I have not had a reply to my open post @A-B  in the last 4 weeks. Does Telus stop answering questions that are old listings? 🤔

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Not at all. If I remember the thread, I believe @Optik-Kate passed your feedback off to the development team. Rest assured our team is working on resolving these issues as quickly as possible.

Phoar
Friendly Neighbour
@MrSLat least I am not alone. It is very frustrating as we often forget what series are recording and when we remember we can only record the individual recordings just like you mentioned.

I’m a new to this cloud PVR and I’m having the same issue with series recordings. I had Amazing Race Canada set up and now this week it didn’t set up to record. I’ve also set up a series recording for TMZ - don’t judge me 🙂 And some days it won’t record. If I go to the recording one that day, it still won’t let me record and says “recording cannot be set”. Tried calling tech support but was on hold for too long so I hung up.

Rocky3
Rockstar

Why do series recordings work on some shows but not work on others on the same channel. Of course series recordings did not work on my initial choices of shows I wish to record. Then when I tried randomly, some shows are recording one after the other, so series, even though the episodes are not in order, as the shows are not in order.

Patiently, I just now pressed record on channel 104, Global news while watching the guide. 1st press the single show red dot appears, press rec 2nd time and multiple red dots appear, seconds later the multiple red dots return to single red dot and yes the show records..

Rocky3
Rockstar

@Phoar One month later have you had any change for the better?

September 28, 2023

Phoar
Friendly Neighbour
No change. I check weekly to see what shows have stopped recording and add the individual show manually. I really regret switching providers.

Robertap
Just Moved In

The same thing has been happening to me too. It’s so frustrating I hope Telus gets this issue resolved soon. 

Phoar
Friendly Neighbour
Good luck. Been an issue for over a year and nothing has changed.

Sent from my iPhone