cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik TV Price Increase

starchoice
Ambassador

The below quoted message was on my February bill. I guess the key part of it is "as you are currently in a service agreement that is rate-protected, an offsetting discount will be applied to your account." Sure enough, my March bill comes with an increase (no offsetting discount). Had to call in. Gave me some vague illogical reason for my increase but the rep gave me some other type of offsetting promotion because it looks like discounts or whatever are pre-programmed into the system so they can't just willy-nilly do what they want to help you. 

It seems that I have to deal with TELUS monthly over one issue or another.

Optik TV® Theme Pack Rate Increase
Starting with your March 2023 bill, the regular monthly rate for some a la carte Optik TV® theme packages will increase between $1 and $8.
As you are currently in a service agreement that is rate-protected, an offsetting discount will be applied to your account and you will not see the increase until the first bill after your term expires.

2 REPLIES 2

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry about that. Was your billing corrected?

Thanks for the response. The representative made some kind of adjustment stating that she would give me a free channel or theme pack, it wasn't clear but she stated that my Optik TV bill would be reduced so I'll review it again on my next billing. Billing is always a surprise.