cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik TV Local Radio Station

LarryM
Neighbour

I find the new Local Radio Station application to be really flakey:

1. It stops randomly and regularly.  You need to go back to the Guide to start your selected station again.  This will happen several times in an hour.
  2. You can not get out of it.  When you go back to the Guide to select a different channel or service, it simply returns to your local radio station.  The only way I've found to get out of it is to 1) shut Optik off, 2) restart Optik, 3) in the initial startup screen tab right to get to another suggested channel and select it, 4) once that channel starts then go to the Guide and 5) finally select what you want.  Messy!

How long till we get a better version of the Local Radio Station app??

4 REPLIES 4

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LarryM Thanks for letting us know. We'd like to forward your feedback to our product team but I would need to collect a bit more info first.

1) Which channels specifically are you experiencing this with? Can you provide examples of channels where you are experiencing this the most so that we may focus on them in order to determine root cause?

2) How much play time are you getting out of the channel before it stops? (a few minutes? 1 hour? 2 hours?)

Thank you!

The channel in particular that I have this issue with is 7046, CKUA in Edmonton.  I can't comment on other channels.

I tried it just now for a test. It lasted about 50 minutes and then started cutting out.  It cut out intermittently for about a minute and then dropped entirely.  Restarting (going back to Guide and then OK) got it going again.  I think that in the past I've seen it fail several times in an hour.

Thanks.

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks!

LarryM
Neighbour

Tried listening to CKUA (7046) today for a few hours and not much has changed.  It fails every 20 to 30 minutes.