cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik PVR not showing Netflix 4K UHD

wunderkind
Neighbour

Hello,

I noticed that my PVR Netflix app simply doesn't show 4K UHD content. As in the label remains as "HD". I have the Netflix Premium account that provides 4k content.

When I use my XBox's Netflix, I am able to get to the UHD content. So something is up with the Telus Optik PVR. 

My I have Telus 150 with unlimited data. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wunderkind
Neighbour

Yeah I plugged directly PVR to TV and it worked. 

I found out the culprit. It seems that the Marantz' HDMI 1 (CBL/SAT) input is limited to 1080p while the rest of the HDMI inputs were UHD capable. Once I switched the PVR output  to use an available HDMI 2 I was able to stream 4k. That is just weird on Marantz' part! 

Well appreciate all your response!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

wunderkind
Neighbour

OK I think I know what is wrong. The PVR Setting under "Television" has an Aspect Ratio where it allows to switch the resolution. The problem is despite it Recommending that I use the 4k resolution, it doesn't let me Apply. The screen goes dark. 

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

According to this: Adjust the picture size and shape (aspect ratio) on your TV | Support | TELUS.com

If you see a black screen or a distorted image, your TV may not be able to display the selected setting or it may not be properly connected to your digital box.

Since the XBox is working possibly a cable issue?

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Everything is routed to my Marantz 1509 AVR that supports 4k UHD yada yada.... 

So I don't even use the ARC feature. Although I am using the ARC HDMI. But it shouldn't make a difference would it?

I can check the HDMI cable from the Telus PVR to the Marantz. Also turned on HDMI 2.0 Enhanced on all sources.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You may need to connect the PVR to the TV directly rather than through the receiver. Especially if you're unable to set the resolution of the PVR to 4K in the settings and getting a black screen. Netflix's help page also seems to recommend a direct connection:

Netflix in Ultra HD

Netflix is available in Ultra HD on select Telus receivers. To stream in Ultra HD, you will need:

• A Netflix plan that supports streaming in Ultra HD.

• A 2014 or newer Ultra HD TV that is capable of streaming Ultra HD content at 60 Hz, connected to your set-top box via an HDMI port that supports HDCP 2.2 or later (usually the HDMI 1 port).

• A steady internet connection speed of 25 megabits per second or higher.

• Streaming quality set to High or Auto.

The following Telus models currently support Netflix in Ultra HD:

• Optik 4K PVR (VIP-5662W)

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

wunderkind
Neighbour

Yeah I plugged directly PVR to TV and it worked. 

I found out the culprit. It seems that the Marantz' HDMI 1 (CBL/SAT) input is limited to 1080p while the rest of the HDMI inputs were UHD capable. Once I switched the PVR output  to use an available HDMI 2 I was able to stream 4k. That is just weird on Marantz' part! 

Well appreciate all your response!