cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Setup and Optik TV

Cobram18
Organizer

Hello,

I have a network setup that has the ONT plugged into a switch that provides WAN inputs for both my T3200M and Asus router. It's a bit complicated but the output from the switch that feeds the T3200M is run over coax via MOCA adapters on both ends. This setup has worked flawlessly until the last couple of weeks where now all of my TVs get the "lost TV signal" error message. I have done a hard reset on all boxes, the modem (even a factory reset) and the Asus. This sometimes gives signal for 15-20 mins but then the signal is lost again. If I turn off the Asus, signal comes back but I'm not sure why. Like I said, this setup has been working for a long time and nothing has changed recently to account for it. I have spent over 4 hours on the line with Telus tech only to be told to remove the Asus and I'm not going to do that so any other help would be appreciated.  Any ideas as to what might be the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've solved the issue. In my first of 3 calls with Telus to discuss the issue, the rep had me do a factory reset on the T3200M. This disabled the MOCA LAN which, as mentioned above, I am using to feed the WAN signal to the T3200M in my basement. I have since enabled it and now all seems to be working fine. Now I just need to understand why we were having issues in the first place since all the settings on the T3200M are back to what they were when the issue first started. Weird but since it is working, I'm not complaining. Thanks for the reply.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

El-Eric

It's a bit tonedeaf to ask you to remove your ASUS router after you said that you are not doing that but I gotta recommend that you do in order to narrow down the problem. If everything works with our equipment then maybe look at the ASUS router. If you are still having issues then I would think it's our modem or something further down the line

I've solved the issue. In my first of 3 calls with Telus to discuss the issue, the rep had me do a factory reset on the T3200M. This disabled the MOCA LAN which, as mentioned above, I am using to feed the WAN signal to the T3200M in my basement. I have since enabled it and now all seems to be working fine. Now I just need to understand why we were having issues in the first place since all the settings on the T3200M are back to what they were when the issue first started. Weird but since it is working, I'm not complaining. Thanks for the reply.