cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix

EricKahler
Just Moved In

When I try to login to my netflix account it says I need a 4K box.  I never needed that before so wonder what is going on?

4 REPLIES 4

AprilJ
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

If you still have the Cisco box, I needs to be upgraded to a 4k box. You need to contact Technical Support to replace your setup box.

Hello is there a charge for that, as I seem to remember I looked at that once and there was a charge involved

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

I believe it depends on which equipment you already have in your home, and whether or not you're on a service agreement; as these usually include one or two rentals. If you have a 4K PVR and you want to upgrade 4 HD Digital Boxes, for example, you'd likely have to pay more, as the rental price for 4K is $5/mo higher. If you are only upgrading one box and you're already on a service agreement, the price is likely the same. 

A customer service rep will be able to provide guidance based on your account.

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @EricKahler, as @AprilJ mentioned - Netflix withdrew support from their application on the HD PVRs and HD Wireless Digital Boxes at the end of July so you'll need to upgrade your hardware to keep watching (or use another source for Netflix such as a Smart TV).