cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get Telus TV+ App to play On Demand on iPad

dbc
Just Moved In

Cannot get Telus TV+ to play On Demand on iPad 5th gen. Live TV seems to work, which is odd. 

Have tried the 'uninstall the TV Carrier' suggestion on other strings, and then logged in manually, have uninstallled an re-installed app several times. Using same iOS version as on my iPhone 11. Have even wiped the iPad and restored from backup in case weird memory issues may be the problem. 

App works fine on the iPhone but I get Playback Errors trying to run the app on my iPad (which is where I'd prefer to watch my streaming). 

Either spins and freezes or I can 'Cannot retrieve media URL' or similar error.

I've also tried logging in to Telus TV+ on the iPad via both Safari and Chrome, and none of my content was there, so there must be a limiter of some kind preventing me from doing it that way on an Apple device. 

8 REPLIES 8

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry about that! It seems you've already performed most of the troubleshooting I'd recommend. @Optik-Kate is there anything else @dbc here can try?

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @dbc would you be able to send me a private message with the email associated with your account? We can look into things that way. Thanks!

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Please share OS version, account ID, Public IP, and other errors you are seeing as well with @A-B!

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @dbc, I escalated this to our back office for further investigation, once I hear back I will update here! 

sopranosoul
Just Moved In

I have the same issues!  Have logged a case twice with tech support and never hear back. Frustrating to not have access to view on my device. Can’t even use the telustvplus website on my browser as it forces me to download the app….

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Optik-Kate it looks like this is the same issue, could it be escalated as well?

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hello, a new release is in the works to address this issue and several other playback issues raised in neighbourhood. Please stay tuned for more updates. 

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi All, the latest release should address the playback issue that you are experiencing, please reinstall the app and try again.