cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Log into TV sites

slimdraogon
Helpful Neighbour

I am trying to log into different TV sites (TSN, CTV, Global) with my optik account. It is the right password and such but I get this message:"There was a problem. An error occurred connecting with your provider, please try again."

It was working fine this morning. I got a new computer this afternoon and the will not work at all on new computer.

I am using my same Google Chrome account. I tried on Microsoft edge and same result. Tried different Google Chrome accounts, same result.

It is the correct password, because I tested using a bad password, and it said it was wrong, but right password doesn't work and gives the message.

Tried restarting computer and still doesn't work. Cleare the browser history and caches, still same issue. 

Please help. i even tried to reset password to something different, same issue.

18 REPLIES 18

slimdraogon
Helpful Neighbour

This is the messageError.png

slimdraogon
Helpful Neighbour

I got a new computer this afternoon and i am not able to log into TV sites(TSN, Global, CTV, Sportsnet) but it is not working at all and get this message: "There was a problem, An error occurred connecting with your provider, please try again"

the sites worked this morning. I am using the same Google Chrome account as before.Tried to clear caches and history, still doesn't work. Also reset computer, tried wrong password to see and it said wrong password. Correct password worked but gave me the above message.

I do not know why it is not working at all. please help me!

I also tried different Chrome profiles, didn't work. I tried Microsoft Edge, still had same problem and message. 

Any help is appreciated.

This is the message i get.Error.png

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Possibly a problem with Bell? I was able to successfully login to Global without issue. Didn't try any others.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

It is still happening with all sites. CTV has the message, Global will just spin spin spin. TSN has message still. Sportsnet has message.

slimdraogon
Helpful Neighbour

So I just tried on a completely different computer and different Chrome Account. I am still getting the same message.

Zman2k2
Ambassador

I’ve logged into TSN on my phone before, and had to turn off, “block cross-site tracking”.  So, maybe a browser setting?

ok, how do I do that on Chrome?

I check. I have my Chrome "cross-site tracking" turned off.

The only other thing I can think of would be the “Block Third-party cookies” setting being on.  These sites want to give you “targeted ads”, and if they can’t see you, sometimes they don’t want to let you in.

Thank you for suggestions. I just checked. third party cookies was allowed. It was turned off for Incognito, but I turned it on for all. I think there is something on the account maybe? I tried at work the first time with new computer, but could this be issue that it was not the home WIFI?

Zman2k2
Ambassador
I‘m sorry, I have to step aside. All I could think of are the settings I had to change. If I think of anything else, I’ll come right back.

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @slimdraogon do you by any chance have ad blocker turned on? And are you able to login via incognito mode? Alternatively, you can use the TELUS TV+ app or watch at telustvplus.com to access what's live and On Demand from CTV/TSN/Global.

Incognito does not work either. Same error.

I have allow all cookies and third party. i have my adblocker turned off for telus and those other sites.

I just tried to telustvplus.com and I clicked Log In and got a message that says "Error You are not currently logged in please try to login again."

This is weird because the login screen where I put email and password never even came up.

Last week, I tried to delete all cookies and the same message would come up.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Possibly you have saved credentials in your browser? Also check if you have it set to sign in automatically:

Manage passwords - Computer - Google Chrome Help

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Thank you for trying to help. I have checked all that and I have no passwords saved for any of the sites including telus.

I think this might be an account issue possibly.

I logged into MyTelus and went under "Account activity and trusted devices" to see if I was maybe signed in already somewhere else like an old computer or not fully signed out. There was nothing there, only my current device was listed.

Has anyone in the company ever seen the messages that I am receiving when trying to sign in? Please see above to see picture of the message. Or has other customers ever seen this?

Searching online, looks like some have seen the same message with CraveTV.

I seem to have no issue logging into Crave. My last resort would be to make sure your browser is updated to the latest version. I also know that some users have experienced login issues with Crave and other content providers, and it is known that it takes several tries to login successfully. I think if it still doesn't work after several days, it's best to chat with an agent and have them review your account. It's probably the fastest if you try the online chat to get a hold of an agent.