cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change my CIS330 from the ethernet to the coax connection?

jeffto
Just Moved In

I noticed that the cable for the TV is coax, but it goes into the ECB6200 to be converted to an ethernet connection to the CIS330 box. Is it possible to connect the CIS330 to the ECB6200 using the TV/STB Out coax connection, and using the ethernet port for a media PC instead?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The CIS330 only supports HPNA over coax. That's an old standard, and an old set top box. If you have a newer Telus gateway/router, they only support MoCA over coax so you'd still need the ECB6200 MoCA to ethernet converter.

Edit: If you have a media PC there and want to hardwire it, one option is to place an ethernet switch between the ECB6200 and the CIS330 / PC. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The CIS330 only supports HPNA over coax. That's an old standard, and an old set top box. If you have a newer Telus gateway/router, they only support MoCA over coax so you'd still need the ECB6200 MoCA to ethernet converter.

Edit: If you have a media PC there and want to hardwire it, one option is to place an ethernet switch between the ECB6200 and the CIS330 / PC. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks for the info Nighthawk, and that sound like a good solution!