cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Fire Tablet

cagassiz
Neighbour

Trying to download TelusTV plus to my Fire Tablet any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

MrSL
Leader

Hi @cagassiz,

Amazon Fire Tablets restrict you to the Amazon Appstore, but they run Fire OS, a custom version of Android.

That means you can install Google's Play Store to gain access to millions of Android apps and games, including Google apps like Gmail, Chrome, Google Maps, and Telus TV+.

Hope this helps!

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

As mentioned you are generally restricted to the Amazon Appstore. If you wish to access the Google Play Store you will need to make changes to your Fire Tablet. Here is an article that can help you with the process:

How to Install the Google Play Store on an Amazon Fire Tablet (howtogeek.com)

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

When i go to the download sites it takes me to areas wanting my credit card info, all seems confusing

Even though you are downloading free apps from the store, Google Play would like you to supply a payment method in case you ever do decide to purchase software or services that cost money. The top part of the alert box displays the payment options. As long as you keep skipping the request to add a payment method, Google will probably keep asking you to finish setting up your account each time you try to download an app or other free item from the store.

Does this work with a Fire TV stick? If not, are there ways to watch Telus TV+ on Fire TV? Thanks.

No. It is available on Apple TV, NVIDIA, Sony Android TV, and Google Chromecast with Google TV.

I don’t think so. I think we need Telus to develop the Telus TV+ to work with Amazon App Store.

Sent from my iPhone