cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why the remaining minutes are not been added after renewing my prepaid plan.

liyan
Just Moved In

We suppose pay for the minutes used, why all the remaining minutes & MSGs are removed after auto renewing the plan. 400 min & 400 MSG --one year

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I see nothing in the Terms and Conditions indicating  minutes or texts will carry over from one plan period to another. Years ago they did on plans where you topped up the dollar amount on your plan, and consumed minutes by paying for each one used. This led to some folks who had a phone for emergency use only, accumulating sizeable balances, and was a liability to Telus to continue to manage. They switched to the current plans instead, which expire and renew.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I see nothing in the Terms and Conditions indicating  minutes or texts will carry over from one plan period to another. Years ago they did on plans where you topped up the dollar amount on your plan, and consumed minutes by paying for each one used. This led to some folks who had a phone for emergency use only, accumulating sizeable balances, and was a liability to Telus to continue to manage. They switched to the current plans instead, which expire and renew.

NFtoBC

polecat
All-Star

@liyan  You have a $100 365 day plan 400 calls 400 messages. Unused calls etc.do not carry over from one year to the next. 30$ 30 day plan same thing. you are buying 30 days at time on prepaid.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@polecat 

Thanks! If I recall you are a regular user of the annual subscription, so your clarification is invaluable!

NFtoBC