cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Rewards Gift Card

PaulOh
Organizer

Hi

I converted rewards points to three 100.00 gift cards to use in Telus store. I called the store before I went to check that I could use my cards, which I had activated, to purchase AirPods. They said yes, that is fine. I went to the store, and the cards were “declined.” Staff went online to verify my cards were activated and valid and they confirmed this was the case. They could do nothing. Manager said the cards would have to be reissued. I called Telus after I left, and they also checked the cards and said no they do not have to be reissued. Tried to purchase the AirPods online through Telus store but I could not unless I finance the purchase, so gift cards are unusable for online purchase. This is pretty absurd and obviously a large waste of a few hours. What can I do here?

7 REPLIES 7

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hello! We'd like to pass your account info (and gift card info) on to our Rewards team prime for investigation. Send us a private message and we can discuss further, thanks.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

donnadoolittle
Neighbour

I have $175 worth of Telus prepaid visa. I am trying to order some accessories online but I keep getting an error 

donnadoolittle_0-1723415817372.png

I am currently on the phone to Telus who are telling me that I can not use these cards (which are activated) because I no longer have a Telus account as I moved addresses which comes with WIFI/TV. WTF? This can't be right surely. I have earned those rewards. The cards have only been active since March and are valid until September 2025... are Telus really trying to tell me that the only way I can use these rewards is when I have an open contract? Where in your policies does it say this?

Hello. We've reached out to our Rewards team for clarification on this scenario and will advise once we hear of an update!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Hello again. Was this redeemed via our Rewards program over at www.telus.com/rewards or for a different promotion?

Telus rewards

Sent from my Galaxy

Gotcha. Send us a private message and we can discuss further, thank you!

donnadoolittle
Neighbour

Was this resolved?