cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to koodo

habsfan
Organizer

I am considering switching to Koodo. I know I have to pay out the balance I owe on the phone but are there any other charges for leaving Telus before the contract is up. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Generally, no. However, the Canada-US plan may have an exit penalty, and if you received any special considerations beyond the phone payment, there may be other costs. I suggest reviewing your contract, as they differ from time to time.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Generally, no. However, the Canada-US plan may have an exit penalty, and if you received any special considerations beyond the phone payment, there may be other costs. I suggest reviewing your contract, as they differ from time to time.

NFtoBC

Check my contract, clearly says only the device balance. So another question, what happens to my 12 dollar tablet plan that shares data with the phones that are leaving. Does it just get canceled or will they automatically bump it up to one of their height priced data only plans?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

it should just disappear, but I would suggest you cancel the tablet add-on, just in case. 

NFtoBC