Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plan question.

Lukasz66
Just Moved In

Hey so I am looking to change my plan to this one 

Lukasz66_0-1593555779498.png

It says it comes with 0 Gb of data but i was wondering if I can add a add-on to it?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Lukasz66 ,

Due to anti-spam, new users do not have the ability to attach pictures, however Ill do my best to guess what plan you are considering.

The only plan on TELUS.com for postpaid accounts would be the TELUS Voice 35 plan. This plan includes unlimited nationwide calling & texting, with pay-per-use data. Pay-per-use is great for those who keep data disabled on their phone, and only enables it a few times a month for super quick google searches, GPS maps, and other uses such as an emergency. 

In regards to adding a data add-on, the only option which is available for this plan would be the $15 Data Flex add-on (if its still available). This prevents you from being charged for pay-per-use, and will automatically purchase small amounts of data (in a tiered approach) based on your usage each month. This way you only pay for data when you need it. Although this is better than pay-per-use since you can use more data for a lower cost, it can still add up quite fast depending on how careful you are regarding keeping your data turned off, only turning it on for small duration, and heavily monitor your usage with the My TELUS App. If you plan on using more than 1GB of data/month, it would be cheaper to upgrade to our Peace of Mind plans which offer unlimited data.

A common question is: Is there a plan between zero data and 10GB (or unlimited)?
Top-tier providers such as TELUS are wanting to make using your phone easier than ever. We want to ensure that you can use your phone without restrictions, and without fear of paying high overage charges. To prevent this we have discontinued plans with less than 10GB data to proactively prevent data overage charges. We do have a sister company Koodo which has non-unlimited data plans at a lower cost, but although the plan is cheaper, it may actually cost you more in the long run. For example with TELUS you can combine your home services and mobility to get additional discounts making it cheaper than Koodo and other carriers. Add multiple cellphones on one TELUS account and receive family discounts resulting in even more savings. Its always worth calling into TELUS, and ask them to review your entire account, and tell them if you have or are interested in TELUS home services, smart home security, or ADT by TELUS. This will allow the agent help you reach the price point, while also ensuring you have a plan that suits your lifestyle. 

Hope that helps 🙂

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Lukasz66 ,

Due to anti-spam, new users do not have the ability to attach pictures, however Ill do my best to guess what plan you are considering.

The only plan on TELUS.com for postpaid accounts would be the TELUS Voice 35 plan. This plan includes unlimited nationwide calling & texting, with pay-per-use data. Pay-per-use is great for those who keep data disabled on their phone, and only enables it a few times a month for super quick google searches, GPS maps, and other uses such as an emergency. 

In regards to adding a data add-on, the only option which is available for this plan would be the $15 Data Flex add-on (if its still available). This prevents you from being charged for pay-per-use, and will automatically purchase small amounts of data (in a tiered approach) based on your usage each month. This way you only pay for data when you need it. Although this is better than pay-per-use since you can use more data for a lower cost, it can still add up quite fast depending on how careful you are regarding keeping your data turned off, only turning it on for small duration, and heavily monitor your usage with the My TELUS App. If you plan on using more than 1GB of data/month, it would be cheaper to upgrade to our Peace of Mind plans which offer unlimited data.

A common question is: Is there a plan between zero data and 10GB (or unlimited)?
Top-tier providers such as TELUS are wanting to make using your phone easier than ever. We want to ensure that you can use your phone without restrictions, and without fear of paying high overage charges. To prevent this we have discontinued plans with less than 10GB data to proactively prevent data overage charges. We do have a sister company Koodo which has non-unlimited data plans at a lower cost, but although the plan is cheaper, it may actually cost you more in the long run. For example with TELUS you can combine your home services and mobility to get additional discounts making it cheaper than Koodo and other carriers. Add multiple cellphones on one TELUS account and receive family discounts resulting in even more savings. Its always worth calling into TELUS, and ask them to review your entire account, and tell them if you have or are interested in TELUS home services, smart home security, or ADT by TELUS. This will allow the agent help you reach the price point, while also ensuring you have a plan that suits your lifestyle. 

Hope that helps 🙂

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].