cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When did Telus become IMPOSSIBLE to work with?

Super7twenty
Neighbour

5 HOURS on the phone with people located overseas yesterday getting juggled from person to person, NOT ONE OF THEM with the slightest clue about how to help me. Only to be told we will call you tomorrow... NO CALL. 

We get an alarm system INSTALLED BY TELUS... we call to ask about a few things, they claim to have NO RECORD OF IT BEING INSTALLED HERE. Their equipment is here, an IQ system, cameras, touchscreen pads... they apparently don't know anything about it. 

Weve had POTS phone connection for 40 YEARS (switched over to a cellular modem a few years back) the modem wont boot, can i get help with that? NO. 

We are Renovating the house, i need my modem moved... Cant get ANYONE a TELUS to even help me with it, i call support, i get transferred, get transferred back get transferred again. 

I call the support line, i have to spend half an hour giving EVERY one of my 5 phone numbers (THEYRE ALL TELUS... landlines, cell phones, business lines) while they keep telling me they don't have anything associated with the numbers.... BUT THEY ARE ALL TELUS LINES. I give the ACCOUNT NUMBER thats PRINTED ON MY BILL and that DOESNT WORK for them either.

Online CHAT?  HA!!!! that would be ideal, but i need to login to MyTelus... do you know how often i use those login credentials?? NEVER. I have to reset my password... WHY CANT YOU JUST ASK MY ACCOUNT OR PHONE NUMBER? verify me later. 

I gave up.... i went to the telus retail store, the stoned kid there (reeked of weed) tells "just sell stuff here" and he cant help me... he wrote down the 1888 number for mobility support and gave me that. THANKS BUD!

EVERY DIRECTION I TURN WIUTH TELUS I GET INDIFFERENCE, INEPTITUDE AND A WALL OF BS DESIGNED TO KEEP ME FROM GETTING IN TOUCH WITH ANYONE REMOTELY COMPETENT. 

Oh... try expressing your frustration to the unfortunate phone agents who, lets be clear, are really not responsible for the crappy customer services decisions made by telus execs in Canada... they are like deer in the headlights... some of them are capable techs/troubleshooters but systemic problems like the above... WAY above their paygrade. 

My next step is physically rip all the telus equipment out of my house and huck it through the lobby door of the boot in Burnaby. 

4 REPLIES 4

Super7twenty
Neighbour

Just Sat on hold with tech support... for an hour. 

Get a tech on the line, give all my details, verify the account....

Explain that my wireless home phone line isn't working... that the ZTE modem wont power up.... 

"Im sorry, i dont really know what you are talking about." 

Have now been on hold for another 25 minutes. 

90 minutes of my day to get NOWHERE. 

Super7twenty
Neighbour

Ive spent all day on this now. 

2 hours to determine that the home phone.... its actually with mobility. you need to call them. An hour before they can call you back. 

Your alarm system? turns out its actually with Telus custom home security... 30mins on hold....they said, no... its actually with ADT by telus... you need to call them. An hour before they can call you back.

You want your modem moved? $150.00 an hour to do that (we suggest you call a guy on craigslist) 

I wish i was kidding. 

Fabylous
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Hi @Super7twenty   Sorry to hear you're experience is not optimal.  I'll reach out to you on a private message to see how we can help.  

Pescado
Just Moved In

Telus just doesn't get it! Similar type issues and no results. After 40 years with Telus land line is now with Shaw, excellent customer service, service techs both prompt and efficient. Cell service transferred to Public Mobile (a Telus subsidiary). Customer service is great, same network 1/2 the price, just bring your own phone.