cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPTIK TV log in changing

KennyR
Just Moved In

Got an email saying that on October 29 the log in to OPTIK TV would have to be through MYTELUS account.  I have a nephew staying with me while he attends university and he uses OPTIK TV on his laptop.  Does this mean that I have to give him full access to my MYTELUS account which includes billing information, credit card data  and the ability to change OPTIK packages just so he can log into OPTIK TV?  Doesn't seem right.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

giantbrownguy
Rockstar

Might be a thing to put into the Ideas section of the Neighbourhood. Can't imagine it would be any different for a parent with kids watching on their laptops or mobile devices.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

giantbrownguy
Rockstar

Might be a thing to put into the Ideas section of the Neighbourhood. Can't imagine it would be any different for a parent with kids watching on their laptops or mobile devices.

xray
Hero

It might be TELUS's way of preventing Optik account sharing. It's a huge securty risk to share your TELUS account since many accounts link in the mobile services which has access to SIM swapping. 

I agree with measures to prevent Optik account sharing outside of the account holder's family but there has to be a bettter way. Using the MY TELUS credentials pretty well means only 1 person can use Optik onliine.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I just received an email about this, and it includes the paragraph: "As a multiple Optik TV account holder, we would like to help you set up additional credentials to ensure you can access all of your Optik TV services on the Optik TV App. Please give us a call at 1-888-811-2323 and ask one of our Customer Representatives to assist."

This option may allow you to contact Telus and ask about multiple users having unique credentials, even though it is meant for users who have more than one Optik account.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I got that email as well. I think it's just a case of vague wording in the email. I interpreted "multiple" to mean that I have both a MY TELUS loggin and an Optik log in. I certainly don't have multiple Optik account credentials currently.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@xray 

Did you click on the link in the email? It gives an example of a subscriber having accounts in two cities.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

@NFtoBC I'm not sure why I received that email if that is the situation it's supposed to address. I only have 1 account in 1 city.