cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

telus Flex Data Plan for Tablets

ricksa
Just Moved In

I currently have a "Telus Flex Data Plan for Tablets". Can you please provide an overview of the fees?

5 REPLIES 5

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Normally that information would be on your bill. You should be able to access through the website or the My Telus app.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

BrandonT
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi Ricksa,

The "TELUS Flex Data Plan for Tablets" appears to be a grandfathered plan. There were 2 different releases of this plan. The details below are only accurate if your Flex Data Plan was added after April 02, 2014.  

Please Note: Your device must be programmed with APN = isp.telus.com; if any other APN is used (e.g. sp.telus.com) then all data is charged Pay Per Use rates.

Data usage

Tier

Monthly rate

Data usage

Additional charge per tier

Data overage

Total charges based on tier

US roaming

$5

Up to 10 MB

N/A

N/A

$5

$5/MB

More than 10 MB up to 200 MB

$10

N/A

$15

More than 200 MB up to 1 GB

$20

N/A

$25

More than 1 GB up to 2 GB

$30

N/A

$35

More than 2 GB up to 5 GB

$40

N/A

$45

More than 5 GB

N/A

5¢/MB

$45 plus data overage

Thank you, Brandon. Indeed, ours is a grandfathered plan from Feb. 2014. Do you have the details for the earlier release of this plan? Much appreciated.

According to my files, Brandon's table _is_ the earlier version. They raised the base price at some point and the top end of the usage. I confirmed this pricing information below with Telus directly on December 1, 2021:

Flex Data Plan (Confirmed Dec 1, 2021, best data plan available)

$7 0-10MB  

+$5 10.01-100MB

+$10 100.01-500MB

+$15 500.01MB-5GB

+$0.02/MB in excess of 5GB

Hope this helps.

FionaAM
Just Moved In

Hi, ricksa. I have always had trouble finding anything on the Telus site about the details of my "Flex data plan for tablets" to the point where I call them on the phone to find out. Last time, I wrote down what the agent said. I suspect you are having the same troubles. Under "details" on my digital account, I get the highly unhelpful "Flex Data Plan for Tablets". That particular detail I already know. Also, there is no information about the plan anywhere on the site or on your bill that I've found about the "overage" fee structure. You can kind of guess when they are charging when you look at your detailed usage, but that doesn't give you the plan's actual fee structure, as you know. I hope the breakdown I provide in my other response helps.