cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my price increasing before I pay my first bill?

DG1995
Neighbour
I just switched to this account. Its a monthly whoping 75$ for a 20gigs plan.

I have yet to even pay the first bill and they have sent me an email saying they are raising the price by 7$ in feb.

Why would anyone stay with telus? Itsalready 30$ more than their compeitiors and then they raise the price and their calls get dropped or break up every few words on phone calls so its not like its better quality service. I'm switching as soon as I can get passed the multihour wait times on the phone.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Update: I found a 60$ phone plan with rogers that has unlimited data instead of the 20gig cap on a 81$ plan. Switching over and not coming back to this thread of pushovers.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Chatter around the web on various forums providers are raising their prices in Q1 2023. Which is normal practice for a long time now.

Even for a new customer who hasnt even paid their first bill? Even though its already more than what other providers are offering, but worse quality service and world class worst customer service that forces you to wait hours no matter what?

polecat
All-Star

@DG1995  Checked my jan 10 bill internet up in march $ 5.00  ====== home phone $ 2.00 Increases were there before you became a customer.

Update: I found a 60$ phone plan with rogers that has unlimited data instead of the 20gig cap on a 81$ plan. Switching over and not coming back to this thread of pushovers.