This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.
Some places I go have indoor repeaters and some do not. Without repeaters you need to be near a window to get service.
Elevators are classic deadzones with electrical and material obstacles.
Sorry, I thought this was a problem with the cell service. You have wifi issues.
- defective router that may need to be replaced. Check with them if they are having problems at the same time
- congestion.... if you are only getting a clear connection late at night, you might have a problem where the owners may be using their connection to stream movies until midnight. I have a similar problem with free hotel wifi. I get great speeds after midnight, but between 5pm when guests check-in... hotel wifi is only good for emails.
- low internet speeds.... when you have a connection, do a go to speedtest.net to get some download speeds. They may have a lower speed internet package
- Microwave oven, wireless security cameras, wireless phones can also generate problems
- by design.... sometimes the owner may be disabling the internet when they are not at home. Perhaps the owner is disabling the wifi for diagnosis, or when he needs full bandwidth to stream movies or gaming.
- building construction/material.... it's known that certain homes are built with chicken wire.... chicken wire in the floor can impact reception.
A repeater might give you better reception that many floors down.
When you do get a clear signal at night, use speedtest.net to check your download speed. They might be on the basic high-speed package that limits the bandwidth, especially when shared.
Hope you are using a VPN. When you share wifi, you are exposing your userid's and passwords when connecting to unsecured websites.