cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Voucher Top-Up to pay for Prepaid Plans

MikeO
Friendly Neighbour

If I buy a $25 voucher top-up (12 digit pin), and add it to my account. Then sign up for a $22 plan (Simple 22). Will the $22 be deducted from my initial deposit of $25 from the voucher?

Or are the two system not compatible? A voucher top-up can't be used to pay for a Telus prepaid plan - and can only be paid through credit cards, etc?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Firstly, this is all easiest to manage through the My Account portal, so I recommend that path for simplicity, though you can do it through the phone itself, if I recall.

You can add up to 3 separate PIN-based top-ups at any one session

If you have registered a Credit card, you can choose to have the fees withdrawn from the Card, or from the balance on the account. If no Card is registered, the fees would be drawn from eh account balance you have created with PIN-based top-ups.

Don't forget, there will be taxes on the $22 plan.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Firstly, this is all easiest to manage through the My Account portal, so I recommend that path for simplicity, though you can do it through the phone itself, if I recall.

You can add up to 3 separate PIN-based top-ups at any one session

If you have registered a Credit card, you can choose to have the fees withdrawn from the Card, or from the balance on the account. If no Card is registered, the fees would be drawn from eh account balance you have created with PIN-based top-ups.

Don't forget, there will be taxes on the $22 plan.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

The voucher pins can absolutely be used to purchase plans on prepaid accounts. If you are using the #123 then you would first choose that you are adding airtime to your account with the voucher pin. After that the automated voice will bring you back to the main menu and ask what you are doing again. Then you will pick that you are adding a feature/rate plan and than the rate plan sub menu and pick your plan. You can use telus.com as @NFtoBC suggested too or the Telus Mobility App which is the same login as the Telus.com site. 

Mobility Client Care Rep