Using Telus extend issue

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Steve-Traveler
Neighbour

When you reconnect  to cellular, all the texts you received over extend are resent.

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

Hey @steve-traveler  

I use extend, but I'm a bit confused by your post. 

How are all the texts you 'received' re-sent? Can you clarify?

iPhone power user
v9
Rockstar

@Steve-Traveler wrote:

When you reconnect  to cellular, all the texts you received over extend are resent.

Welcome @Steve-Traveler: Yeah! I agree with the last replier-that question need clarification. I guess what you mean is once the app is open, when you return to phone default operation-The texts received in the "Telus extend app" are transferred to phone messages app page.

I entered the query "Is Telus-extend ready to use" results shows a link to download the App. Also a forum post-that report the App in 'Beta' Is unknown if became full ver. Open these links for more info..& users who haven't installed-Do so. Report results to forum. CU <v9>

THANKS @Steve-Traveler: For his additional details. You should "Rate it the Telus extend app"

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Steve-Traveler  , all I know is that when Extend is active, and you're on 3G, you receive SMS in both Extend and your default messaging app. Are you talking about that or if you are on wifi only for a period and then reconnect to 3G that the texts you read in Extend are suddenly received by the phone? If it's the latter, there is a possibility that Extend does not remove messages from the server when viewed, which causes the phone to retrieve them when back on 3G.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Steve-Traveler
Neighbour

Yes, when I turn off Cellular (airplane mode) and turn on wireless. I get all my text messages through Extend message system. When I turn off airplane mode (reconnect to Cellular) All the messages I received through Extend  are resent to me on the built in message app on the phone.

So if you happen to have a long conversation during the day, and then at nite return to your local Cell area and turn off airplane mode, you get a very long string of received messages again.

You do not see any messages I sent, only ones sent to me.

Other than that, the app seems to work great! Really happy with it

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

Oh okay, i get it now. 

Yes, that is what is supposed to happen with the current iteration of extend. Well...that's what their technical support people told me. 

iPhone power user
Steve-Traveler
Neighbour

Hope they fix that, it defeats the whole point of the product (from a texting standpoint)

Works great for the phone calls though.