Trying to contact a technical person...

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

seltmitchell
Just Moved In

Hi ! I'm a sysadmin, and our enterprise is having a lot of customers displaying emailing problems to us.

The common denominator being the host mx25.exchange.telus.com; looks like its DNS is malfunctioning (my little finger says dead drive or firewall blockage)

Everytime a customer sends us an email through that very particular server, they get bounced with a "DNS Soft error", of course, I take the blame, but now that's 3 customers (important! To you guys, not so much to us) for whom we're working our arses off because their orders came in 7 days later (after they realized their original email bounced...)

I'd be more than happy to forward all the technical details alleging to my analysis of the problem with a technical person at Telus. πŸ™‚

At the same time I got a couple of other pointers about errors in your smtp services... (which I won't give through the forum, for obvious reasons)

So, I would appreciate an email response from a techie. πŸ˜‰ (and try to avoid mx25...)

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Doubt you'll hear back from anyone. I know some of the techs do post on the Telus forum on DSLReports but I'm not sure if they have access to the servers or DNS. The hardest part is that when there is an issue that doesn't fall under the realm of tech support, it's nearly impossible to find a contact at Telus to get the issue resolved.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚

View solution in original post

Most Helpful
Hippo
Leader

@seltmitchell - It would be best to call in and speak with one of our technical support representatives to look into this further for you. http://www.telus.com/get-help/contact-us/

All Replies
Most Helpful
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Doubt you'll hear back from anyone. I know some of the techs do post on the Telus forum on DSLReports but I'm not sure if they have access to the servers or DNS. The hardest part is that when there is an issue that doesn't fall under the realm of tech support, it's nearly impossible to find a contact at Telus to get the issue resolved.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚

Most Helpful
Hippo
Leader

@seltmitchell - It would be best to call in and speak with one of our technical support representatives to look into this further for you. http://www.telus.com/get-help/contact-us/