cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tower installation

Mice_elf_2u
Just Moved In
Is telus looking to install any towers in rural Manitoba and if so how would I go about inquiring about installing a tower on my property?
5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

A cell tower? Telus doesn't discuss their engineering and infrastructure plans outside of the provincial government sponsored ones in BC. They have a tower sharing agreement with Bell in Manitoba and Bell's towers make up the majority of them. Since the majority of towers are shared, Bell would likely be involved in any decision to install a new one. I have doubts if there is anyone you'll be able to contact at Telus in regards to installing a new tower as it's not a simple process to get one in. Also if there's one in the nearby area there are likely minimum distances between towers they'll be observing.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Telus updated 52 towers in 2016 and plans to update 101 in 2017. They also spent $20 million in 2016. Bell was the biggest spender buying out MTS including their towers which they share with Telus. You'd be best to go to telus.com/welcomemanitoba which will have links to telus coverage in manitoba. 

Mobility Client Care Rep

hi there. I noticed a new cell tower has went up near my place in Ross Spur BC. I am wondering if there is way to find out if it is a Telus tower, and if so when it will be operational? Thanks in advance for any info

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Unless it's publicly announced by the carrier that's installing it, no. The companies typically don't discuss most of their infrastructure changes or additions until they are operational.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Ross Spur does fill a gap in both Telus and Rogers coverage on the east side of the Bombi Pass, though I'm guessing it may be part of the BC government's plan to expand cellular coverage along major routes, and therefore Telus. You'll likely know as soon as anyone else, as your service will improve!

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 3.21.19 PM.png

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"