cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion Offer from [email protected]

Epizarro_1
Just Moved In

Good day, I just received a call from 403-939-6073 offering me a iPhone 14 Pro Max with no strings attached other than 50.00 a month with voice/data/LD/unlimited SMS in NA. they started asking for info that Telus should already have on file. Did not ask for my PIN nothing or verify my Identity.

I said I was not comfortable continuing the conversation as I didn't know where they were calling from. They offered to send an email, which I agreed to. Subject: Telus Retailors (red flag) email [email protected]. After seeing the email I ended the conversation and siad i would not share any other info.

Scam right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xray
Hero

Most likely a scam. The telusretailers.com domain is owned by an individual.

xray_0-1690569457083.png

Registration info for legit Telus domains like telus.com, telusinternational.com and telushealth.com looks like this:

xray_1-1690569497866.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

xray
Hero

Most likely a scam. The telusretailers.com domain is owned by an individual.

xray_0-1690569457083.png

Registration info for legit Telus domains like telus.com, telusinternational.com and telushealth.com looks like this:

xray_1-1690569497866.png

Epizarro_1
Just Moved In

As I thought - I am filing a report with the Fed as Fraud/Cybercrime.

Thanks a heap.

Hi,

I also got scammed and filed a police complaint. Someone posed as calling from Telus and offered free phone . Though we said no to offer they sent us 2 I phone pro max . They even told our personal details correctly and also Telus account number . We called back and asked for method to return. After so many phone calls they sent a label to return the phones.
I think Telus has sold our information to third party either knowingly or unknowingly. Our account compromised and Telus should safe guard our account. We are going to complaint to privacy commissioner and fraud against Telus for compromising our account to third party as they know all our account information.

Thanks

xray
Hero

Anyone can check domain registration info using this service:
www.internic.net/whois.html

Prab123
Just Moved In
Hi,

Exactly same thing happened to me and they continued the conversation. My wife said no to the phone and the deal. Still we received a 2 iPhone pro max . We called back and said we don’t want the phone and to return the phones. Then later they said it was a mistake and sent me a label to return and I am going to return the phone.

So we figured out it is a scam and some third party is trying to sell 2 phones. Luckily we didn’t give any credit card info. But either our account number / address and name was either sold by Telus ( knowingly or unknowingly) to third party or their data has been compromised by leaking out information to scammers. It is a gimmick to sell product to unsuspecting customers . Telus should protect privacy breach of customers.

Thanks