cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overseas charges

aidanklein
Just Moved In
Hey guys dumb question but here it is. So I'm in Europe right now and everyone says to just turn on airplane mode to avoid charges but I just took my SIM card out and am using wireless Internet, so I was just wondering if they could charge me in anyway? Like I facetimed on wifi and I just checked my call log and it said 10 mins and then in brackets 26 MB for example so it just got me a bit worried. Help me out!! Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

With the SIM card removed, there is no potential for roaming charges.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

With the SIM card removed, there is no potential for roaming charges.

View solution in original post

Airplane mode when roaming. That is not necessary at all. I travel many times through out the year. I have never had a big bill if i had a bill it would be $20 or less worth of charges.. The way is to leave Mobile Network ON But leave Data Roaming OFF. At this point you will be able still to get incoming calls and texts. You dont get charged for incoming texts aslong you have a some kind of texting plan you use at home. You wont get charged for incoming calls aslong you dont answer them. But if you do answer texts or calls roaming rates can be easily trackable and controlled. Also it another good idea to maybe buy a travel pack if you want..