Help with International Text Messaging

SOLVED
Resident

Help with International Text Messaging

Ok so my friend is going to the states and has a Canadian Number, they had gotten a USA texting plan that allows 100texts for 15 bucks but I am still in Canada, would I really have to get a plan to cover that too or will hers cover my outgoing and incoming since her messages are on the plan? Thanks for the help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Power User

As long as you are in Canada, you just text as always. Your friend will have unlimited incoming texts with the plan, and 100 outgoing texts, before a higher rate cuts in. It is not considered international texts when sending to a Canadian number, even if they are travelling outside Canada, so your rates stay the same.

If you travel to an international destination you should only then consider a roaming plan.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Sign onto Telus Mobility a few hours after his text. You can confirm whether you are being charged.

If he's calling with a Canadian SIM... I would not be concerned.  If he's using a SIM card from a US carrier or Roam Mobility... be afraid.  Those SIMs have a US area code and can have charges.

Personally I prefer messageing services like BBM.  There is NO international charges.

Resident

Thank you for the help it is greatly appreciated
Community Power User

As long as you are in Canada, you just text as always. Your friend will have unlimited incoming texts with the plan, and 100 outgoing texts, before a higher rate cuts in. It is not considered international texts when sending to a Canadian number, even if they are travelling outside Canada, so your rates stay the same.

If you travel to an international destination you should only then consider a roaming plan.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post