cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between APN settings. (sp.telus.com vs. isp.telus.com)

I'm trying to configure a mobile hotspot for Telus by entering the APN settings. I have found two options. One is sp.telus.com and the other is isp.telus.com. What is the difference between these two settings, and which one should I use. Both seem to work, but I just want to use the one that is more optimized. My device is a 5G hotspot by Netgear.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xray
Hero

Use isp.telus.com for non-phone devices.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you're trying to use a non-Telus provided mobile hotspot with a Telus mobile internet account, Telus does seem to restrict which devices will work. Specifically to the ones they sell. Mobile internet is only 4G too so a 5G hub, even if it worked, wouldn't be any faster.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

My device (non-Telus) is working, and connected to 5G with no issues. I was just wanting to know what the difference between the two APN settings were, as both of them seem to be giving me the same results. (Results that I'm very pleased with anyway).

xray
Hero

Use isp.telus.com for non-phone devices.

Thank you. If someone has a tablet would they use isp.telus.com or sp.telus.com?

xray
Hero

Non-phone device means a device without a phone number. If the tablet is capable of making/receiving phone calls and the plan has a phone number then it's a phone device.