cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crossing provincial borders

WeeJ
Just Moved In

I have an opportunity to spend an extended period (6 months) in another province and was wondering what the ramifications would be to my Telus Mobility account...re: incoming and outgoing calls. Would charges change? if so in what way would they change?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

For most accounts...

• local outgoing calls while you are in the other province will be free (calling a taxi or making a restaurant reservation)
  • incoming calls... long distance to you and your caller
  • text messages will be free
  • bbm will be free

Options I would be considering....

• looking for a nationwide calling plan for the 6 months.  Your friends contacting you would be long distance
  • have everyone sms/text each other
  • explore options for a new number while in the new province.... you will likely loose your original number
  • getting a second phone (prepaid? activating an old phone?) whille in the second province
  • vacation mode where you pay a minimum amount each month to keep your number while you use a second SIM or phone.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

For most accounts...

• local outgoing calls while you are in the other province will be free (calling a taxi or making a restaurant reservation)
  • incoming calls... long distance to you and your caller
  • text messages will be free
  • bbm will be free

Options I would be considering....

• looking for a nationwide calling plan for the 6 months.  Your friends contacting you would be long distance
  • have everyone sms/text each other
  • explore options for a new number while in the new province.... you will likely loose your original number
  • getting a second phone (prepaid? activating an old phone?) whille in the second province
  • vacation mode where you pay a minimum amount each month to keep your number while you use a second SIM or phone.

WeeJ
Just Moved In

Thank you XL