cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in Southern Manitoba

Mackenzie
Just Moved In

When is Telus going to cover the area between Winnipeg and Kenora?

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

WongTong
Leader

There are no future plans for network expansion between Winnipeg and Kenora. Here's the coverage map with current and future coverage sites.  http://mobility.telus.com/en/AB/canada_travel/index.shtml

View solution in original post

Being you have no future plans to even properly cover the Capital city Winnipeg, I'm not really suprised by this..  Spotty Service in Downtown, almost no service at U of M

See, here's the thing.. I have called in, Vlad, Anil and another agent all confirmed it's a network issue due to the fact Telus has insufficient capacity (towers) in the city and that there was ZERO plans to add aditional coverage to resolve the issue.. And that it's been an issue for a few years now

In fact, after I filed a CRTC/CCTS complaint against telus for this blatent level of over promising service (which was done in order to get me to renew my last contact 2 years ago after I cancelled my second mobility line the september prior for the exaxt same issue) it was escalated to I'm assuming a Public Relations' person within telus who than proceeded to lie her #%! off to CCTS about information noted on the Telus account internally..

Which I've got a recording from two named agent's above admitting in no terms that could be misconstrued, only to find out today that those notes have since been purged from my account.. Aka your Public relations team playing save our #!$es so we can't get fined by CRTC..

Go figure, this is why I'm done with Telus, this is why I'm actively telling people avoid you at ALL costs in this province.. My parents, my brothers and two of my friends who all made the mistake of picking up telus have had the same issues.. And to be told it was a hardware issue a few times, when I also attempted using a factory unlocked Lumia 900 (which was loaned to me by my roomate) and my fiances unlocked iPhone 4 all had the exact same problems.. Yah, hardware issue.. Totally *eye roll* 

I'd of been happy to stay with Telus IF

- I hadn't of been mislead about service availability (sorry but hiding behind we don't gaurentee service isn't acceptable when your not even meeting your own obligations to attempt to resolve the issue)

- There had of been at least SOME effort to resolve the problem, instead of attempting to prove that look it worked for us, this ONE time we drove by your house so clearly your lieing

- Anyone had of bothered to actually attempted to do good on the fact your terrible service (me having no service downtown after being in a serious car accident) could of cost me my life

I as well was told that there's known network issues in Winnipeg (central area) with a lack of signal. The tech read a bulletin that customers reported losing service when in or around buildings, call and text dropping and intermittent loss of the ability for some customers to access 911 services.

All well and good, I know Telus can guarantee 100% service all the time and some areas are just going to have poorer signal due to the way the Neighbourhood is designed. The problem came when I called Telus again and they claimed that the conversation with the tech agent didn't happen and no such bulletin exists.

Obviously it did at some point, so why the deception? What does the bulletin say and why isn't that information being provided properly?

5 REPLIES 5

WongTong
Leader

There are no future plans for network expansion between Winnipeg and Kenora. Here's the coverage map with current and future coverage sites.  http://mobility.telus.com/en/AB/canada_travel/index.shtml

Being you have no future plans to even properly cover the Capital city Winnipeg, I'm not really suprised by this..  Spotty Service in Downtown, almost no service at U of M

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I'd highly recommend contacting us at 1-866-558-2273 so that we can look into and investigate your service/coverage issues. 

See, here's the thing.. I have called in, Vlad, Anil and another agent all confirmed it's a network issue due to the fact Telus has insufficient capacity (towers) in the city and that there was ZERO plans to add aditional coverage to resolve the issue.. And that it's been an issue for a few years now

In fact, after I filed a CRTC/CCTS complaint against telus for this blatent level of over promising service (which was done in order to get me to renew my last contact 2 years ago after I cancelled my second mobility line the september prior for the exaxt same issue) it was escalated to I'm assuming a Public Relations' person within telus who than proceeded to lie her #%! off to CCTS about information noted on the Telus account internally..

Which I've got a recording from two named agent's above admitting in no terms that could be misconstrued, only to find out today that those notes have since been purged from my account.. Aka your Public relations team playing save our #!$es so we can't get fined by CRTC..

Go figure, this is why I'm done with Telus, this is why I'm actively telling people avoid you at ALL costs in this province.. My parents, my brothers and two of my friends who all made the mistake of picking up telus have had the same issues.. And to be told it was a hardware issue a few times, when I also attempted using a factory unlocked Lumia 900 (which was loaned to me by my roomate) and my fiances unlocked iPhone 4 all had the exact same problems.. Yah, hardware issue.. Totally *eye roll* 

I'd of been happy to stay with Telus IF

- I hadn't of been mislead about service availability (sorry but hiding behind we don't gaurentee service isn't acceptable when your not even meeting your own obligations to attempt to resolve the issue)

- There had of been at least SOME effort to resolve the problem, instead of attempting to prove that look it worked for us, this ONE time we drove by your house so clearly your lieing

- Anyone had of bothered to actually attempted to do good on the fact your terrible service (me having no service downtown after being in a serious car accident) could of cost me my life

I as well was told that there's known network issues in Winnipeg (central area) with a lack of signal. The tech read a bulletin that customers reported losing service when in or around buildings, call and text dropping and intermittent loss of the ability for some customers to access 911 services.

All well and good, I know Telus can guarantee 100% service all the time and some areas are just going to have poorer signal due to the way the Neighbourhood is designed. The problem came when I called Telus again and they claimed that the conversation with the tech agent didn't happen and no such bulletin exists.

Obviously it did at some point, so why the deception? What does the bulletin say and why isn't that information being provided properly?