cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing issue

HotelPhillips
Just Moved In
Hello,

On August 2021, I made a request to shut down temporarly my Telus services for my mobile device. However, I recently received a message that I haven't paid a Telus bill and obviously do not want this to degenerate.

Whenever I try to login to the Telus app, with the credentials, I can't access my account; therefore stopping me from paying my bill.

I assume that the account is locked or that there is another issue. I also think there might be another problem.

I'm currently working for a company that forces me to remove my SIMCARD in my phone. This job isn't over for several more months. Maybe the App doesn't detect the SIMCARD and won't let me have access to the account without detecting the SIMCARD usually linked to it or something.

This leads me into more issues. I can't receive text messsages or make phone calls.

Is there a way I can pay this bill or know if I do indeed have a bill to pay.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

One issue you likely have is the SIM not being active. Usually if a SIM is not used for about 45 days, it is deactivated and can no longer be used. A replacement would be needed. It's best to contact Telus directly to inquire.

The app itself won't care if there is a SIM card in the phone or not. I can use it on wifi with my old phone just fine and it doesn't have a SIM installed.

As for billing issues or trouble accessing your account, you'll need to contact Telus directly. No one on the forum here will have access to your account as most of us are just Telus customers.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

xray
Hero

@HotelPhillips wrote:
Maybe the App doesn't detect the SIMCARD and won't let me have access to the account without detecting the SIMCARD usually linked to it or something.

You can try logging in using a browser on any device.

https://www.telus.com/my-telus

How did you get the message about an outstanding balance? Have you verified that message is legit and not a scam?

How were you getting your monthly statements previously? If you had an outstanding balance you should have received a statement indicating the balance.