cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Able to use current balance to top up $100 card

Yvan
Just Moved In

I have a Pay-as-you-go cell phone and carry the phone for emergencies and security mostly. Therefore the balance keeps growing every year and I will never really use all the minutes. I would like Telus to offer what the competitors already offer which is the ability to use a $100 from the current phone balance (which is higher) to purchase the next 365 day $100 top up card!

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Call Telus. There was a policy of allowing high balance Pay and Talk accounts to use the sum in other ways. I believe it could be used towards new hardware or to cease adding monthly top ups until the balance drops. I believe it was available to clients with balances greater than $250. Check it out by contact Telus as described in the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

However, having the peace of mind of having a phone in case of emergencies, and for security for about $8 per month is a pretty good deal.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Pocket
Helpful Neighbour

You can, at anytime set up an automatic feature for as low as 5$ a month, to be deducted from your large balance. This can help you keep your account open without having to keep spending. It also gives you a 15c/min rate for your local airtime. Make sure to check in on your balance from time to time to make sure you still have money left.