cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

msg.telus.com

mjw
Neighbour

Hi I used to send emails to my [email protected] on my android phone but recently I stopped receiving them. I am wondering if its an account that can get full and I somehow have to delete the content? Or does anyone have a suggestion on what could be the problem. I have been using it for at least 2 or 3 years. Or did Telus discontinue this service?

Thanks in Advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I wonder if forwarding messages to those addresses was blocked to reduce spam?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

xray
Hero

Sending a SMS message from my phone to my email works but not the other way around. The last time I used msg.telus.com was in 2021 and it worked then. It worked once today from email to my phone using msg.koodomobile.com instead but then a second test a few minutes later didn't work. I wonder if there is some kind of limit to prevent spam messages.

mjw
Neighbour

I use this to forward my emails to my phone it comes in very handy when I'm not around my Wi-Fi signal at home and i have come to rely on it very much. just wondering what to do to get it to work again.

RKX
Just Moved In

After the new year rang it I have been having the same issue, it works for direct emails however whenever I forward anything from my account it does not come through, I would like to see this working again also, its the best way to know when I have emails without a data plan which i dont use. 

That is exactly what my issue is. I wish wecould find a solution on how to fix this.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I wonder if forwarding messages to those addresses was blocked to reduce spam?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

That's my thought, unfortunately this is something they seem to do regularly, it does seem to go away, after many months, then it will be fine for quite a while then they do it again, 

Also, I have tried doing a full redirect (so there is no FW: in the subject and it is still blocked. if a person sends an email I will get it forwarded fine (even with the FW in it) so it's something Telus is scanning in the message itself. Either way, It would be nice if they just left it alone 😉 

This also doesnt happen just from one service,  It's worked for the last year with hotmail, and at the start of the year it stops, so I have also tried going through google with the same forwarding setup and it won't get through from there either. Doesn't matter the service used. I know it's something Telus is doing as nothing changes on my end for forwarding.  It may also be they get enough of the messages and it finally thinks oh I should send these through (would explain the fact it starts working again in a few months)

Just plain annoying.  They may consider it spam, we dont 🙂

I'm wondering if it's possible to open your @msg telus.com account through an email service. Maybe the inbox is too full and can't receive any more messages, just a thought.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

There is no account associated with @msg telus.com. It's just a redirect that sends data through as a text message to a cell number.

Another thing I thought of would be if any message forwarded to those addresses has HTML in it, or anything other than plain text, those could be blocked possibly also.