cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

heads up

rouge545
Just Moved In

the following numbers have been used to try and scam me 2049905204 , 2049906420 , 2049905217

its an automated call saying you will be arrested if you don't pish the number 1 to speak to a officer of the court

im still waiting to be arrested lol

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It is a incredibly common, well known scam. It's been posted on the forums here before as well as social media and even mainstream media like CTV, Global and CBC.  The phone numbers you see were all spoofed (faked). If you want to block those robo-calls, you could enable Call Control.

Enable Call Control For TELUS Mobility (Cellphone):

1. Log in to My TELUS (Not the app)
  2. Click Plans & Device
    (Along the top row: Overview, Billing, Usage, Plans & Devices).
  3. Click the phone number you wish to add Call Control.

4. Click Call Control
    (Under the title "Mobility plans and devices" You will see the text: "Plan", "Device", and now "Call Control").

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It is a incredibly common, well known scam. It's been posted on the forums here before as well as social media and even mainstream media like CTV, Global and CBC.  The phone numbers you see were all spoofed (faked). If you want to block those robo-calls, you could enable Call Control.

Enable Call Control For TELUS Mobility (Cellphone):

1. Log in to My TELUS (Not the app)
  2. Click Plans & Device
    (Along the top row: Overview, Billing, Usage, Plans & Devices).
  3. Click the phone number you wish to add Call Control.

4. Click Call Control
    (Under the title "Mobility plans and devices" You will see the text: "Plan", "Device", and now "Call Control").

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂