does anyone know how of a good app compatible with an iphone 4s that will block unwanted tex msgs?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Resident

I keep getting text msgs from toys r us canada and yet. The text doesn't have an option to reply with stop/unsubscribe; and I have phoned the help desk for toys r us and they escalated the issue. However I am still receiving them. I have tried some of the apps available but none do what I want them to do. I am also in the process of contacting my service provider to see if they can assist me. Any ideas I can do or apps from other sites that may help and don't cost anything?

You can search in the appstore and also if you search in Google, you'll find what the other Iphone users have.

Community Power User
Community Power User
Keep calling toys r us. It is a bother, but you should make it the responsibility of the sending corporation to address the issue, not have to take action yourself.

I would call them and state: " I'm calling in response to your recent text message...." Be polite but firm. They will get the message in short order as it is costing them to address your issue.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Ambassador
Try this: messagemanager.telus.com 🙂
Resident
If your phone is jail broken there are free tweaks that will do it, other than that I don't think there's anything in the AppStore. You might have to email or call the head office
Ambassador

In iOS 7, which should be released in less than a month, it includes the ability to blacklistnumbers from calling/texting you.

Ambassador

I'd recommend calling in, client care agents have the ability to block incoming messages from Canadian phone #'s as well as from short code #'s.

The ability to block incoming messages (and calls) is built into iOS 7 which will be released tomorrow (0//18/13), to the iPhone 4S and newer.