cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unregistered Sim message

Andhe01
Neighbour

We are relatively new Telus customers with 2 phones added at the same time.  Only about 6 weeks as customers and one of the phones is showing a message "Unregistered Sim".  When I try to setup the SIM online, I get a message that the sim is already in use.  I should mention that there are no phone services to the phone with the message.  I tried a couple of times calling in and the hold times are bizarre.  Anyone have any suggestions how to fix this?

1 REPLY 1

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

The "Unregistered SIM" message usually indicates a problem with the activation or the SIM itself. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this:

Restart the Phone: Sometimes, a simple restart can re-establish the connection with the network.

Check SIM Card Placement: Ensure that the SIM card is properly seated in the phone. Try removing and re-inserting it to make sure it's in place.

Network Reset: You can try resetting your network settings under your phone's settings to re-establish the connection.

Swap SIMs: If possible, try placing the SIM in another phone to see if it works there. This will help determine if the issue is with the SIM or the phone.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, we suggest contacting tech support for assistance or visiting a nearby Telus store, where a representative can help check and possibly replace the SIM on-site.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.