Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to find a SIM for a NOKIA

billy_2020
Friendly Neighbour

HI!

I was hoping to find a SIM that would work on my Nokia E65

I tried one of the normal SIMS but the NOKIA doesn't detect them. I have tried several SIMS on several Nokia's.

Is there perhaps a special SIM that works on Nokia that Telus can provide me?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

As I said, the E65 is NOT COMPATIBLE with any Canadian networks. UTMS is another way to say 3G and the E65 only supports Band 1. Canadian 3G uses a combination of Band 2 and 5. The E65 physically does not support those frequencies.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

billy_2020
Friendly Neighbour

Please note that the Nokia uses GSM/UMTS Technology

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That's an ancient phone (2007). The Nokia E65 is not compatible with Canadian networks. GSM was only available Rogers/Fido and that network was shut down in 2018. The phone uses a 3G frequency that is also not available in North America either. I have a Nokia C5-00 that I'd like to use but it has the exact same issue.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nighthawk is correct but I feel you on that nostalgia, @billy_2020. My old Nokia E72 is one of my all-time favourite phones. 

billy_2020
Friendly Neighbour

Thank you so much for your reply! But the Nokia E65 is dual channel.

So if GSM doesn't work is UTMS available in Canada?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

As I said, the E65 is NOT COMPATIBLE with any Canadian networks. UTMS is another way to say 3G and the E65 only supports Band 1. Canadian 3G uses a combination of Band 2 and 5. The E65 physically does not support those frequencies.

Thank you for your tijme