cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung OneUI 5.1

HomesickSurfer
Friendly Neighbour
Hi. Why is Telus not updating S22 Ultra with OneUI 5.1 on the Feb. 14 target date?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

The next S22 Ultra update falls on Feb 21st. For what it's worth, we only call out major operating system updates. Skin updates - such as OneUI - generally fall under the blanket "optimization" category which encompasses a broad range of other user experience updates (aka optimization).

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

This may help explain:

Software Update Life-Cycle - TELUS Neighbourhood

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Thank you for sharing this.

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

The next S22 Ultra update falls on Feb 21st. For what it's worth, we only call out major operating system updates. Skin updates - such as OneUI - generally fall under the blanket "optimization" category which encompasses a broad range of other user experience updates (aka optimization).

Is this a staged rollout for the S22 Ultra or has the update been delayed. We're almost end of day and I haven't seen anything available yet.

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's a callout we make at the top of our software update cycle article - the release date is when it starts rolling out. It's staggered so a full rollout can take a few weeks. 

HomesickSurfer
Friendly Neighbour
Oh wow...a date of Feb. 21 doesn't mean starting on such and possibly taking weeks. By then, their may be a UI 9.0 or S32. I'll proceed with downloading and updating firmware from SamMobile

I'm pretty sure the rollout is delayed or an incorrect date listed. At least one other carrier has a date of Feb 22nd for this one and on SamMobile there aren't any new firmware available since Dec for any Canadian carriers.

I don't understand why Samsung still relies on carrier delivery of the update. It should be straight OTA. Even with my BYOD device have to wait for the carriers to release it.

Hi. SamMobile has the firmware available to download tomorrow Feb. 22.

GALAXY S22 ULTRA
Model
SM-S908W
Country/
Canada (Telus)
Carrier
Date
2023-02-22 01:12:31
Version
Android 12
PDA
S9O8WVLU1AVA6
CSC
S908WOYV1AVA6

HomesickSurfer
Friendly Neighbour
Thank you for confirming the UI update and sharing the schedule.