cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone times out before connection

bovoril
Friendly Neighbour

Hello,

I am 10 Km from the Whitemouth LTE tower. I was getting one bar. Neither of my Telus phones would connect all the time. The zte home phone is doing the same thing. I bought a booster two weeks ago. I now have 5 bars. My phones still time out more often than connecting. I am told it is because the tower is BellMTS and Telus is not allowed to connect when BellMTS nodes are busy with BellMTS customers.  Is that the case?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bovoril
Friendly Neighbour

My phone was not voLTE enabled!  It now operates O.K.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus doesn't actually have a tower near Whitemouth. Nearest is Beausejour. There is a Bell tower and a Rogers tower in Whitemouth so if you're within 10KM of Whitemouth, you're likely connecting to one of those towers.

The first question will be, what frequencies does that booster you bought actually support? There's a good chance the answer to that question may show where the problem is.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

bovoril
Friendly Neighbour

I Know Telus doesn't have a tower in Whitemouth. But supposedly they have a deal to use the tower via BellMTS so I was told. The booster supports HSPA, 2g, 3g, 4g, LTE.  I am connectin to the tower in Whitemouth most times. Occasionally to the BellMTS tower in Otterfalls which is 24 Km away, and is not an LTE tower.

bovoril
Friendly Neighbour

The time out problem occured before I had a booster and the phone was 1 or 2 bars. Now I have 4 or 5 bars and nothing has changed regarding connection and still timeouts.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You realize the 5 bars is because your phone is connecting to the booster, not the tower? Even if there was zero signal to the booster from the tower, your phone would show 5 bars.

What happens when you move closer to the tower with any or all of your devices?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

bovoril
Friendly Neighbour
We get within 6 km of the tower and we can connect o.k.

bovoril
Friendly Neighbour

I don't believe you're correct regarding the booster. It is sometimes at 2 bars and increases to 4 or 5 when I use the phone and call someone.

bovoril
Friendly Neighbour

My phone was not voLTE enabled!  It now operates O.K.