cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware change for Motorola phone?

johnwreece
Friendly Neighbour

My wife got a call supposedly from Telus where the agent told her Telus was making changes that required "a new cable for her phone" and that someone could come to our house to do the repair. It was hard to understand the agent who had a very strong Chinese accent. This sounds "phishy" to me. My wife said the agent told her to go to the Telus website to confirm this. But I find nothing on the site. Has anyone heard of this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

polecat
All-Star

@johnwreece  SCAM -----REPORT THIS TO     ( abuse at telus . com )

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

polecat
All-Star

@johnwreece  SCAM -----REPORT THIS TO     ( abuse at telus . com )

johnwreece
Friendly Neighbour

Thx for confirming my suspicion.

xray
Hero

That's a new one to me. I've never heard of scams where they say they would come visit you. I hope you didn't give them your address. What type of information did they ask for?

johnwreece
Friendly Neighbour

It's a new one on me too. It's almost like they mistook a mobile number for a landline. The caller's accent was so strong my wife couldn't understand much. My wife did not give them our address.

Dimo-X

Unless it's a copper to fiber conversion, but even in that scenario it wouldn't really be an updated vs.. a disconnection! it sounds suspect! Best she calls in to verify and find out what's happening!

johnwreece
Friendly Neighbour

I have reported the call to [email protected] and after a couple of exchanges they have passed my concern to Telus Privacy. They have not provided any information that would change my opinion that this is not a "vishing" attempt.

Thx all for weighing in on this.

erm, that should have been "is a 'vishing' attempt".