Google Pixel 2 XL drops calls

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

MHD
Just Moved In

Purchased a brand new Pixel 2 XL around Dec 1st of 2017, hearing it was "THE PHONE TO BUY" and had problems from day 1.  Telus to their credit tried to help by replacing the phone in Jan 2018 for FREE and the new phone is no better.  In fact it seems to be worse then the other one.  When I phone someone, all of a sudden they can no longer hear anything from my end, but I can still hear them fine, but they end up hanging up because they hear nothing.  No rhyme or reason and no specific thing that causes this.  Why can Google get away with selling a defective device?  How is this possible and why are they not stepping up to fix this?  I heard there was a class action suite against them in the US about this same issue.   Now do I take my lumps and dump this phone and go with something else like the straight Pixel 2 or wait to see if anything is going to be done about this?  Anybody have any ideas or information on what is happening with this phone?

Thanks, 

Mick

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

It is still under warranty. Send it to Google for repair or replacement!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Most Helpful
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

It is still under warranty. Send it to Google for repair or replacement!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

MHD
Just Moved In

Thanks, I contacted them like you said and they have offered to replace the phone.  But before I do that they gave me some things to try and see if it is fixed now.  They have assured me that if it is not fixed they will replace it.

Cant do any better then that.

Love my phone

Syaoran
Rockstar

Have you updated Carrier Services from the Play Store recently?  Because the Nexus and Pixel line of devices are aimed at being compatible with most carriers around the world.  There are times updating this can cause more issues than it is supposed to fix.  Have you tried forcing your phone onto 4G or 3G to see if the call drops and connectivity issues still happen?  You can roll back Carrier Services from the Apps menu under Settings.  If you try roling it back, a reboot of your device is recommended.