cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 10 two SIM cards

Mongo
Just Moved In
I'm going to purchase a Galaxy Note 10 which has the capability of accepting two SIM cards. I travel between the United States and Canada frequently and could really benefit from having a US Mobile number and a Canadian mobile number. I am a Telus subscriber and have a Canadian SIM card at the present time. When I purchase my Note 10 I would like to get an AT&T SIM card and also have my Canadian SIM card both in the phone together and be able to switch between the two. Will my phone work using both the AT&T and the Telus SIM cards? I assume the phone will have to be unlocked?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Brandon,
Thanks very much for the detailed response I appreciate it, very helpful. I am mail ly interested in having a US number only because sometimes people in the Us that are trying to contact or txt me (on my Cdn #) don't have the ability to do so and there are occassions when I would like to use certain apps that wont allow use on a Cnd #. I would still be using the Telus Roaming plans, which are very good for most of my calls, txt, data. Although, definitely something to consider before I sign up for an AT&T SIM card. Still going to move to the note 10 and appr6the heads up about which one has the dual sim.

Mongo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Mongo

Great choice, the Samsung Note 10 is an amazing phone.

Note, Not all Samsung Note 10's have dual SIMs.
Always be sure to double check before your purchase.

• Note 10 & Note 10+ with LTE - supports dual SIM's
  • Note 10 & Note 10+ with 5G - supports single SIM's

Will my phone work using both the AT&T and the Telus SIM cards?

Yes it will, assuming your phone has dual SIM cards, and is factory unlocked.

I assume the phone will have to be unlocked?

As of December 1, 2017 All phones purchased from Canadian network providers come factory unlocked.

Configuring dual SIM cards on your Samsung phone

When using dual SIMs, you can configure how your phone uses each SIM based on what country you are in. This is very important since if you do not, you may incur heavy roaming charges on either of the network providers based on the location of your phone.

• Click Here to learn more about how to use Dual SIM and make sure you don't get any accidental roaming charges.

• Click Here for additional help with Dual SIM - this page is for the Samsung A series, but there is still lots of useful information.

More affordable solution compared to dual SIM

Although dual sim has its benefits such as having a personal line and a business line on a single phone. The majority of users think dual SIM for Canada & USA is a cheaper options compared to EasyRoam US charges or Long Distance plans. Did you know TELUS has Canada/USA plans which allow you to use your same phone number across both countries with our Peace Of Mind 10GB CAN/US Plan? In most cases, its more affordable compared to paying 2 different carriers for service in different countries. You also don't have to worry about managing two bills from two carriers, managing two phone numbers, telling family, friends, or clients which number to contact you on based on which country your in. Instead, get the Peace Of Mind knowing that you can use your phone in Canada or the USA with unlimited calling, texting, and data (high-speed + unlimited throttled). These plans allow you to use data in Canada or USA, call & text from CAN-CAN, CAN-US, US-US, and US-CAN.

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

Hi Brandon,
Thanks very much for the detailed response I appreciate it, very helpful. I am mail ly interested in having a US number only because sometimes people in the Us that are trying to contact or txt me (on my Cdn #) don't have the ability to do so and there are occassions when I would like to use certain apps that wont allow use on a Cnd #. I would still be using the Telus Roaming plans, which are very good for most of my calls, txt, data. Although, definitely something to consider before I sign up for an AT&T SIM card. Still going to move to the note 10 and appr6the heads up about which one has the dual sim.

Mongo

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Mongo,

You are very welcome. As per your explanation, it makes complete sense. Its always great to know the other less common reasons why some may choose to have a dual SIM phone. Thanks for the insight.

I think you are making a great decision based on the following points...

• People in USA, are unable to call your Canadian phone number due to long distance charges.
  • Unable to register apps which require a USA phone number.

Congratulations on the new Samsung Note 10 🙂

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].