cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Trouble

Shane
Leader

I can't upload a picture to the forum. Which forum do I post to regarding this issue?

Shane.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've been waiting a long time to be able to post photos also. One suggestion you can try in the mean time is maybe upload the image to imgur or something similar and just include a link in your post here when asking the question.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

giantbrownguy
Rockstar
The community managers can usually help. @dru @A-B could help.

xray
Hero
This is a known issue. I'm not sure why it's taking so long to get it fixed.

Try dragging a picture into the edit window instead.

I've tried all three methods (upload from computer, dragging and dropping, link to URL).

Can someone make an announcement when it is fixed? I have an issue which is difficult to describe without a picture.

Shane.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've been waiting a long time to be able to post photos also. One suggestion you can try in the mean time is maybe upload the image to imgur or something similar and just include a link in your post here when asking the question.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I posted the picture to an external site (OneDrive).

Shane.

I wish there was a place to report forum problems. For example, I can't edit or delete my posts.

Shane.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Editing and deleting posts was disabled due to heavy abuse by spammers. Unknown if or when they'll bring that feature back.

I meant editing my own posts.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The spammers would post something clean and then come back later to edit in the spam on their own posts. The only solution at the time was to remove editing to all but the admins.

What about using community rankings, building and granting trust gradually over time?

Shane.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I believe something like that has been suggested already. It may depend if the forum software allows that. I'm not familiar with how this software works behind the scenes so I can't say for sure.