14 week iPhone 6 backorder??

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Connector
I'm a loyal Telus costumer who reserved an iPhone 6 on the very first day of pre-orders back in September from one of Telus's corporate retailers. Now, nearly 2 months later, not only has my order not shipped, the latest update says no stock expected for 14 weeks! Their representative says that Apple is simply not sending them inventory. I don't know if there's any Telus representative here who can look into this, or even just someone who can offer advice, but I don't really know what else to do. I know that demand is really high, but how can Apple fail to supply inventory to a retailer that still hasn't been able to fill from September? Shouldn't Telus be looking out for their costumers? A wait time measured in months while others get their devices in days or weeks is not acceptable costumer service.
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Which version of the iPhone? I know the higher end 6+'s (64GB, 128GB) have had a lot of delays from Apple themselves. Even Apple's website lists all the 6+ models as having a 4 week delay still. The regular 6 has a 7-10 day wait.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
Highlighted
Connector

Regular 6, space gray, 64GB. 

I haven't heard of any other retailer taking months to ship a regular 6. I ordered on the first day of preorders.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

For a regular 6 that is a bit weird. When you call Telus, what do they say about it? And is the corporate retailer Telus themselves or a third party company selling Telus devices and plans to corporate clients?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
Highlighted
Connector

It's the latter, a third party retailer. I haven't contacted Telus directly, but a representative from the retailer recently informed me that they will be seeking assistance from Telus HQ. The problem seems to be that Apple would rather send inventory to retailers and international markets that they consider more important in order to keep up with their orders.

Highlighted

2 Months is highly unusual for a pre-order not being shipped, specially if it's not the iPhone 6 Plus. I would contact TELUS directly and have them either look into it. Alternatively, if they can cancel it, you could then get one from a store (pending inventory availability).

Highlighted
Connector

Canceling and buying elsewhere isn't an option if I want the phone on a corporate rate plan. I don't know that contacting Telus directly will help. The sales rep I've been in contact with says that they will be seeking help from Telus HQ, so I take it that they are or soon will be aware of the situation. 

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is the corporate rate for your own small business or for your employer? 

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Corporate (employee) offers are at arm's length from Telus. Just about any support you need occurs through the dealer. Also, since many large corps are buying a generation back (at least ours is), and the dealer usually also has full price customers, the supply of the newest phones for corporate employee plans may be restricted.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Connector

My employer. More specifically, all certified members of my profession in Ontario.

Highlighted
Connector

NFtoBC,

Basically, you're saying that I'm lucky that they are offering the latest model at all?

Lol. I guess that's true. 

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@andrew7783 That's how it was for our 20,000 employee organization! The newest phones were (are) in short supply every year. I ( and colleagues ) find it often loosens up before December, so you should be able to gift yourself for Christmas. Frustrating as all he77, especially when salivating over the new release.

I take it you have chosen the 6 not the 6+? Let us know how much you enjoy it once you have it.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Ambassador

Hi andrew7783, any updates in regards to your Iphone device?

Highlighted
Connector

Yes, I did in fact receive my phone a bit before the holidays. 

Highlighted

And how do you like it? πŸ˜„

Highlighted
Connector

I'm quite happy with it. πŸ™‚